On January 28th, 2017, white power activists intend to host an “Atlanta Forum” conference to bring together regional members of the Alt-Right and other white nationalists. In an attempt to head them off and disrupt their ability to organize in our city, anti-racists request that venues and event spaces in and around Atlanta be vigilant about bookings for this date.
Original “Atlanta Forum” logo with Confederate and Southern nationalist flags as well as “black sun” far-Right symbol.
The “Atlanta Forum” event was first mentioned on a Southern white nationalist podcast called The Rebel Yell, which is affiliated with The Right Stuff website. “Atlanta Forum” planning seems to have begun in early September of 2016. The organizers claim they have secured a number of speakers. However, they have not listed the event speakers or the venue where the conference will take place. The event website does provide the following:
- Date of conference (January 28, 2017)
- Time of event (9:00AM – 4:00PM)
- Cost of admission ($20 or $14.88 for students)
- An email address for “TRS Confederates” (who host “The Rebel Yell” podcast)
We ask that anyone who can obtain additional information about the Atlanta Forum, or who has knowledge of suspicious bookings in or near Atlanta on Jan. 28th, contact Atlanta Antifascists:
email: afainatl [at] riseup [dot] net
phone: (470) 344 – 4868 (voicemail only)
Further Details / Context
- The name “The Atlanta Forum” references The London Forum in the U.K., an event series where neo-fascists and members of the “New Right” gather for speeches and networking. This model of pseudo-intellectual speeches coupled with networking has been copied by “The New York Forum” in New York City, a series that is promoted by the racist Counter-Currents Publishing website. A white nationalist “Northwest Forum” had is inaugural meeting in Washington State last year.
- The student admission price ($14.88) for the Atlanta Forum uses white supremacist code. The number 14 stands for the “14 words” – “We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children” – a racist slogan coined by terrorist David Lane. The number 88 is alphanumeric code for “H.H.” or “Heil Hitler.”
- Atlanta-area “Alt-Right” white nationalists support The Right Stuff website and its projects. One photo of an October “Pool Party” gathering in the metro Atlanta area showed almost two dozen participants; “pool party” is the term The Right Stuff uses for its Alt-Right meetups. Another Alt-Right gathering at Stone Mountain Park showed two organizers wearing “The Right Stuff” shirts. A national post-election propaganda campaign coordinated by The Right Stuff resulted in propaganda posted at Georgia State University, Georgia Tech, Kennesaw State University and Augusta University in our state.