Note 4/20/18: Newnan authorities have now posted a ridiculous list of prohibited items for tomorrow’s protest, which you can see here. A reminder from us: people don’t need to comply with going into protest pens. See you tomorrow!
On Saturday, April 21st, the neo-Nazis of the National Socialist Movement and their white supremacist allies will rally in Newnan, Georgia, at Greenville Street Park. (Newnan is part of Metro Atlanta and is approximately 45 minutes southwest of the city of Atlanta.) Anti-racists from the South, from Metro Atlanta, and from Newnan itself will have a large counter-presence in Newnan that day, organized by the #NoNaziNewnan Coalition. Background on the neo-Nazi show of force in Newnan is here, our original call to action is here, and a #NoNaziNewnan press release is here. As the Newnan anti-racist mobilization approaches, here is what you need to know. We hope to see everyone on the streets this Saturday!
- Bring your friends! We recommend showing up and leaving in a group.
- Arrive well-rested.
- Bring snacks and water. The Nazis are not expected to leave until 5PM.
- Bring a sharpie. A jail support number will be provided. Write the number on your body. Share so others can do the same.
- Stand in solidarity with other protesters, especially those most likely to be targeted or harassed.
- Arrive late.
- Assume that others will supply food or water. Do plan for yourself and your friends.
- Endanger yourself or others on social media. Do be careful about what you post online. Do consider how it could be used by white supremacists or other hostile forces.
- A World Without Police
- Atlanta Antifascists
- Atlanta Black Cross
- Atlanta General Defense Committee
- Atlanta Industrial Workers of the World
- Atlanta Resistance Medics
- Metro Atlanta Democratic Socialists of America
- Northeast Georgia Democratic Socialists of America
- One People’s Project
- Raleigh-Durham Industrial Workers of the World (NC)
- Refuse Fascism Atlanta
- Savannah Antifa
- Savannah Comrades
- Socialist Party of Eastern Alabama
- Southern Anti-Racism Network
- Street Groomers
- TransIt (Atlanta)
- Trigger Warning Atlanta
- Western North Carolina Antifa
- Workers’ Solidarity Alliance – Atlanta Local